Tuesday, March 24, 2009

you and i are like dominoes

it's hard to tell you this
but i need some space
i need to be on my own and
explore the world alone

yes, your company is great
but sometimes i get distracted
caught up in my own scene and am
unaware of how others may be feeling

i didn't mean to hurt you
no, i'd never try to hurt you

i keep my emotions bottled up and
i'm running away from any sort of attachment
for fear there may be a re-enactment
of the past that's so prevalent in my memory

you and i were like dominoes
always pushing the other down with us
as we fell and just laid there
waiting for someone to pick us back up

i'd like to take some initiative
start a clean slate and
dive forward into this mess
and untangle it for myself

and i think you should too
i think you should too

No comments: